If you are having difficulty getting pregnant, it may be due to inflammation. Reducing it can give your fertility a much-needed boost.
How Can Inflammation Affect Your Fertility?
Certain medical conditions can adversely affect your fertility and may make it difficult to conceive. If your reproductive system is inflamed, it can prevent the normal process of your menstrual cycle, including menstruation, ovulation, implantation, and even birth.
The following reproductive disorders include chronic inflammation:
- Adenomyosis and Asherman’s syndrome
- Early menopause or premature ovarian failure
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Poor egg or sperm quality
What Can You Do to Improve Your Health and Fertility?
When your cells or system is inflamed, it’s important to take measures to reduce the inflammation. According to German doctor Rudolph Virchow, the father of modern pathology who lived during the 19th century, the problem is synonymous with loss of function. Inflamed cells in the body can result in additional complications besides difficulty conceiving a child, such as heavy periods, painful periods and even bleeding between menstrual periods.
A solution that women can employ to improve their overall health and fertility and put an end to this medical problem is to eat a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods.
Foods to Consume
There are many anti-inflammatory foods you can add to your diet if you are trying to improve your fertility.
These are delicious and fresh foods that include the following:
- Dark, leafy greens
- Coconut oil
- Oily fish
- Wild salmon
- Fermented vegetables
In terms of spices and herbs you can add to your diet, two of the best are ginger and turmeric. They are anti-inflammatory foods that can boost your body’s digestive system and fertility in general. Ginger can also help to improve the pain associated with menstrual cramps. You can consume these herbs in meals, smoothies and even tea.
Foods to Omit From Your Diet
You should also aim to cut certain inflammatory foods from your diet. Unfortunately, many of these foods are those that the average person consumes on a very regular basis. While it might seem difficult or even impossible to stop eating these items, remember that you are trying to improve your fertility to have the family of which you have always dreamed.
The following inflammatory foods should be eliminated from your diet:
- Trans fats
- Industrial seed oils (canola, corn, soybean, safflower, sunflower and vegetable oils)
- Pasteurized dairy products
- Refined grains and grain products
In addition to eating certain foods and cutting out others, you should also ensure that your gut health is good. This means your goal should be to have a good balance of healthy bacteria in your gut. It can relieve cells that are inflamed and keep your system regular while breaking down certain toxins, improving digestion and improving your immune function, in general. Additionally, good gut health can also ensure a proper pH balance in your vagina, which can only increase your chances of successfully conceiving.
Reduce Your Stress
Inflammatory issues can also be caused by stress. Physical, emotional and mental stress work to release cortisol, which can have a negative impact on your fertility, especially if you struggle with chronic stress. Reducing stress can help you in a number of ways, including improving your fertility.
There are two measures you can take to reduce stress. They include the following:
- Self-care and relaxation: There are a number of ways you can practice self-care and relaxation. Among them, you can try warm baths with Epsom salt, deep breathing, meditation and yoga.
- Regular exercise: It’s important to incorporate a regular exercise routine into your daily schedule. It can help keep you physically fit and combat inflammatory issues that can adversely affect your health. It is also great for the mind. You don’t necessarily have to do heavy workouts or other exercise that leads to over-exertion. Simply taking a walk for 30 to 60 minutes per day can be exercise enough to calm your body and mind alike.
These are all good ways to naturally improve your fertility. They can also help to relax you more and keep you healthier overall.