Fallopian tubes are female reproductive organs that link the ovaries to the uterus. The fallopian tube is in charge of carrying an egg from the ovary to the uterus during ovulation. If conception occurs, it is done within the fallopian tubes. The sperm fertilizes the egg inside of the tubes and then proceeds down to the uterus for implantation.
Blocked Fallopian Tubes and Possible Causes
A blocked fallopian tube, also known as a tubal occlusion, means that the passage for the sperm to reach the egg is blocked off. Research shows that there can be many different causes for a blocked fallopian tube. A few of the possible causes could be:
- History of abdominal surgery
- Hydrosalpinx, fluid and swelling at the ends of a fallopian tube
- Some sexually transmitted diseases, such as gonorrhea or chlamydia
- Endometriosis, a condition that causes the lining of the uterus to grow outside of the uterus
- A history of pelvic infection
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
Natural Ways to Attempt to Overcome Blocked Fallopian Tubes
Anti- Inflammatory Diet
One way to try to overcome blocked fallopian tubes is to change your diet. By trying to eliminate foods that can cause inflammation this will help to reduce inflammation within the body.
- Try to eliminate foods such as:
- and vegetables
- Refined carbohydrates
- Genetically modified foods
- Instead replace your food options with anti-inflammatory options such as this:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Coconut oil
Foods with essential healthy fats will help with inflammation, which should help to lessen some discomfort caused by blocked fallopian tubes.
is another good option to help combat blocked tubes. Vitamin C helps to boost the body’s immune system and fight infections. If your fallopian tubes are blocked due to infection or inflammation, vitamin C may help to clear the blockage.
may help the body to clear blocked fallopian tubes. Massage has the power to increase circulation, help to break up scar tissue, reduce inflammation, and help to loosen tissue that may be tight or twisted.
There are a few different herbs that have anti-inflammatory, immune boosting, and anti-microbial properties that could help the body’s immune system naturally heal and unblock fallopian tubes.
- Goldenseal Root
- Goldenseal Root works as an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antibiotic. It works to help heal any infection within the reproductive organs.
- Ginger Root
- Ginger Root helps to boost circulation and increase blood flow to reproductive organs. By increasing blood flow, ginger root helps to reduce inflammation.
- Dong Quai Root
- Dong Quai Root helps to reduce inflammation and provide pain relief. This root helps to increase circulation throughout the reproductive and lymphatic systems.
- Hawthorn is very high in antioxidants, aids the body in proper oxygen use and flow, and helps to improve the integrity of blood vessel walls. Hawthorn helps to reduce abdominal congestion.
Things to Consider
Blocked fallopian tubes are thought to be one of the leading causes of infertility in women. There are many natural options to try and help unblock fallopian tubes. While there are natural approaches to try to help clear blocked fallopian tubes, medical intervention and possible further treatments are necessary in some circumstances.